Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Huang Ying Guang Ling!"
Ah, I'll so miss this familiar phrase that greeted me whenever we stepped into any shop in Taipei, and by that I mean ANY. I wonder if the shopkeepers went for some standardisation course or something but the twang to it is hilarious. I had quite a nice time irritating my buddy on the flight home lol. Anyway back to the 21 day trip. What have I to say? One of the shittiest navigation exercise which saw us being bogged down in mud, and scalling practically every hill that we saw, all of which made our dear Bt. Timah a molehill in comparison. Lol then came the 8 day ex. warrior. More mud! Mud mud and more mud! The daily showers turned the entire forest floor into a quagmire, and walking was a terrible chore. It didn't help that our shelters were perched on a hill. That certainly taught us how to appreciate concrete more ><

Ah ok skip the unpleasant memories and onwards to R&R! It simply amazes me as to how many movies I caught on the bus. The theme parks that we visited were simply exhilarating, especially the 100m free fall and the Mayan adventure. And the shopping was great. Together with RJ boy we invaded the streets of Ximen and Shilin and bought back more than a few trophies *grinz*. Then there's always the food, and I particularly enjoy eating mee sua on the streets of ximen while standing. Not bad. I wouldn't mind going back again man XD. Ok now some of the things that I learnt in Taiwan.

1) subway commuters always keep right when riding the escalators, thereby allowing those in a rush to move smoothly down the left side. Failure to do so will earn u stares and even scoldings from other people!
2) there's actually a queue for the train door lol. And those waiting to board will actually give way to those alighting ;)
3) there's no semblance of traffic control there. Nearly got knocked down by a lorry lolz.
4) you have to pay for your own plastic bag, which was what I realised when the cashier promptly moved on to the next customer after I paid for my stuff at 7-11. I was thus left standing with many odds and ends that couldn't possibly fit onto my hands =S
5) the girls are totally into jap fashion.

Later in the afternoon I met mf yh tj and some other mutual acquaintances and we went swensens to chow down. Had quite a decent meal before we proceeded to lan. Played 3 games and muahhaha as usual yc lost all his games. Lolz more teamwork pls!
Later at night we met up with hf, glendon and daniel and ps to catch the fireworks. We got quite a good view somewhere at the grass patch beside the esplanade. The fireworks was not bad, but it was the finale that got our jaws dropping. The entire sky was lit up for a few seconds in a magnificent display of lights and sounds. Mm not bad.

And once again, I miss the days eating prata and milo dinosaurs with my pals at the malay cafe after chem remedial.

No comments: