I took a walk after dinner just now from PS all the way to City Hall. Surprisingly one can find much peacefulness and serenity in the middle of the city, if only one knew how to walk. Seeing people consume their late night meals in restaurants, yet not hearing them; passing by SMU, bathed in the warm glow from the streetlamps, and the eerie feeling of being under the WWII memorial. Contrast this then with the live band at the Esplanade and the Chinese cultural performances at the River Hong Bao. Just the right mix one needs for a post dinner stroll. I found it weird though that the old city hall was illuminated from head to toe in red lights. Maybe because red is considered to be auspicious? Lol. But it was a nice walk nonetheless.
If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.
Cuz I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.
If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.
Cuz I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.
I'd buy you Rogaine if you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.
Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise.
And you take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment