Ah come this Wednesday, the other half of the Flunk 4 will ORD! I still remembered the day I turned operational. The very last time I stepped out of my bunk was as surreal as it could get. With the soft orange light of the evening slowly filling every nook and cranny of the bunk with it's empty cupboards, I suddenly thought, "oh boy, I could miss this!". And "this" meant all the late night map doctoring on the eve of missions, with equipment strewn all over the floor as we prepared with whatever little time we had. "this" could also mean the pillow talk -_- I had with my fellow bunk mates, which comprised largely of gossip more than important matters lol. "this" could also mean the late night supper sessions that we had after returning from outfield, or the ridiculously stupid and inefficient army system. LOL.
Come to think of it, of the 13 guys in my class, only Cheng, Glendon and I were thrown into frontline combat positions. I just feel it's somewhat an achievement not to have given in to the stress or the myriad injuries and get downgraded as a result. Of course if one is really stricken with injuries one would be an idiot not to get downgraded. *shrugs*
Not that I will miss those bittersweet days though. It's time to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment