Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thoughts

I attended the first session of the Alpha course yesterday, and I'll definitely be looking forward to the next session. The speaker in the video presentation talked about how certain people lived for the future, and who were continually on the search for things to look forward to, such as a promotion or a new job. However, twenty years down the road, they were still searching for a particular something to fill a void in their lives. When they opened up to the faith, they finally found, at last, what they were looking for! It was this spiritual need and hunger that had gnawed at them in the past, and they sought to fulfill this using other distractions, which ultimately proved to be futile.
I need to understand some actions and things. By the way I feel peaceful whenever I enter the church of the HT. It's a feeling of calmness that fills me as I walk around and explore the surroundings. Hmmm..

1 comment:

Eric said...

I get the same feeling when I'm in University Chapel here in Vancouver... It seems to me that I get the most peace when I'm playing worship music on the grand piano that stands alone beside the drum kit and the music stands.

Btw, I came to faith only just 1 year and a half ago... so I hope that someday you'll join the family, SS. =)