Oh man, it's been a month since I last blogged! I wonder if anyone still accesses my blog. Fell victim to the Tekong ailment for the past week but we can't really blame the army. Airing dirty clothes in the bunk doesn't really help the situation haha. But it's good that I've more or less recovered so I can go field camp without feeling half dead.
I've also made another observation this week that the class spirit is flagging. Maybe in my state of drug induced drowsiness I observed wrongly but there's no mistaking the lack in class outings. Ok we haven't degenerated to the stage where class outings are merely meetings to update contact numbers or to exchange pleasantries but it's slowly getting there. Halt! I'm not getting pessimistic here haha. Our individual friendships are still strong. It's like a curve. When we are used to seeing each other frequently, like maybe fortnightly or even weekly, we do not feel that anything is lacking, and that is why there's not much to be talked about. However, when everyone starts become committed to their work, language classes, driving classes etc, the distance between people increases. That is precisely what causes future class gatherings to be more rowdy as people readily remisnisce on the teachers, and how much each of us have changed as a person, whether in terms of looks or personality. We'll climb out of this trough soon enough man ;). Take care everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment