Sunday, October 10, 2010

SS' tips for a healthier life

Alright, this is what I try to live by, to varying results >.<

Food:
  1. Less oily, fried, overcooked, burnt, leftover food.
  2. Less food cooked with saturated and animal-based oils, more food cooked with corn or olive oil.
  3. Less chips, crackers, biscuits, chocolates, sweets, in general, tidbits.
  4. Less white rice.
  5. More brown rice, and whole-grain stuff which have low glycemic indexes.
  6. More almonds, pistachios, groundnuts - they are high in unsaturated fats.
  7. More broccoli (preferably cooked for about 20s so as not to destroy the healthy compounds).
  8. More traffic light vegetables (red, green and yellow capsicum).
  9. More steamed fish and fish oils.
  10. More soy products and soya beans.
Lifestyle next!

1 comment:

Eric Ma said...

Great stuff, SS! I live by quite a number of your pointers too. It's starting to show results; I've been losing 5 of the 15 kilos that I gained by moving back to Canada.